BECC 2023 Call for Abstracts and Sessions
The focus of this year’s BECC conference is on driving transformation—new ideas, new policies, new methods of changing behavior towards mitigating greenhouse gas emissions.
BECC invites you to share your work and learn from others. How can we pivot from business-as-usual to strategic changes in behavior that reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions? How do we manage the urgent shift in both individual and organizational behavioral change? How do these deliberate disruptions affect how we evaluate behavior-change programs? How can we drive positive transitions in fair and equitable ways? These questions will guide our in-person conference in Sacramento, California this year.
BECC participants and presenters represent a variety of backgrounds and communities (research, academia, business, consultants, utilities, government, and the nonprofit sector). BECC strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in our conference content, attendees, and speakers.
Submit your abstract
Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2023.
|1. Behavior-Based Programs||2. Climate Change|
|3. Equity & Empowerment||4. Policy|
|5. Social Science Insights||6. Sustainable Consumption and Production|
|7. Technology||8. Transportation|
- Regular Session (~12 min presentation as part of a larger session with other speakers)
- Lightning Session (~7 min presentation as part of a larger session with other speakers)
Session (1-1.5 hour)
- Symposium (three speakers presenting on related topic)
- Panel discussion (three panelists with moderated discussion)
- Skill-building session or Solutions session
- Interview style “fireside chat” session
- Other interactive session: Craft; Art; Music; Dance
For any inquiries about your abstract(s), please contact email@example.com. If your inquiry is regarding a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract name in your email.