A Conversation with Senator Sheldon Whitehouse: Finding Common Ground on Climate and Energy Policy: Economic Prosperity and Shared Opportunities
Sharon Burke, New America—Sharon Burke is at the forefront of thinking about how to incorporate concerns about energy security and climate change into U.S. national security planning.
· Doyle Rice, USA TODAY – Doyle Rice has covered weather and climate for USA TODAY since 2004. From blizzards and hurricanes to tornadoes and floods, the USA’s wild weather keeps him busy.
2018 Keynote: George Marshall
Building Bridges: Speaking to Shared Values and Collective Purpose
George Marshall is an internationally known British environmentalist, writer, researcher, and specialist in climate change communication. He is the founder of Climate Outreach, based in Oxford, specializes in increasing public engagement with hard to reach audiences, social conservatives and people of faith. He is the author of Don’t Even Think About It: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Ignore Climate Change, a critically acclaimed exploration of the underlying social and psychological obstacles to accepting climate change, and Carbon Detox, a guide to pro-environmental behaviors.
For a practical guide to starting a conversation about climate change, see George Marshall’s 20 minute video: How to Start a Conversation
BECC, October 7-10, 2018
The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making and using that knowledge to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future. Currently in its 12th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, planners, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill
Did you miss the 2017 Conference? We are delighted to offer the recorded set of conference presentations courtesy of Intelliquest at the conference price of just $129.
About Intelliquest: Intelliquest volunteers its services to BECC, assuming the full risk of covering costs. Once it breaks even, we receive 20% of profit.
BECC 2019 / November 17-20, Hyatt Regency, Sacramento, CA
BECC 2020 / December 6-9, Capital Hilton, Washington, DC