BECC, October 7-10, 2018
We are seeking new, innovative research and applied work from leaders in behavioral sciences on the adoption of energy efficiency in energy production and use on the adoption of energy efficiency in all energy-using sectors of the economy.
The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making and using that knowledge to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future. Currently in its 12th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, planners, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
Call for abstracts is now open!
(Deadline April 15)
Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill
Did you miss the 2017 Conference? We are delighted to offer the recorded set of conference presentations courtesy of Intelliquest at the conference price of just $129.
About Intelliquest: Intelliquest volunteers its services to BECC, assuming the full risk of covering costs. Once it breaks even, we receive 20% of profit.
BECC 2019 / November 17-20, Hyatt Regency, Sacramento, CA
BECC 2020 / December 6-9, Capital Hilton, Washington, DC