The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making and using that knowledge to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future. Currently, in its 12th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
The BECC Conference is convened by American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE), the California Institute for Energy and Environment (CIEE), and the Precourt Energy Efficiency Center (PEEC), Stanford University.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, planners, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
- Energy service providers (utilities, commercial renewable energy participants and new technology market players)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
BECC 2019 Conference Leadership
Naomi Baum, ACEEE
Therese Peffer, Precourt Stanford
Reuven Sussman, ACEEE
Chris Jones, CIEE, University of California, Berkeley
Linda J. Schuck, Founding Convener
Cara Lee Mahany Braithwait, Christensen Associates Energy Consulting
General contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why attend BECC?
Every year we assemble great speakers and provide cutting-edge information: The BECC 2019 program will include more than 40 plenary and topic sessions showcasing over 150 presenters selected through a competitive abstract process or invited by the organizing committee, ensuring state-of-the-art information available in no other forum. There will also be poster presentations, workshops, and hours of networking. Past attendees from many different fields have described BECC as the “most interesting and thought-provoking conference” they have ever attended.