BECC 2023 Workshop ProposalsExtended to July 31, 2023Submission Deadline:
Behavior, Energy & Climate Change (BECC) is the premier conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision-making and applying that knowledge to accelerate our transition to a sustainable, low-carbon future. BECC brings together policymakers, utilities, other energy service providers, researchers, organizations, and businesses focused on energy and behavior to advance knowledge and actionable climate solutions. BECC is co-convened by UC Berkeley, Stanford University, and the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
BECC is accepting proposals for a limited number of Pre-Conference Workshops to be held on Sunday, November 12, between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento, CA. We accept workshops on a wide range of topics but give priority to those that reflect this year’s theme, “Driving Transformation”.The general workshop parameters are below.
- There is no cost to submit a workshop proposal, but if your workshop is selected, a separate agreement and $3,000 fee will apply.
- All workshop presenters are required to register for the conference at a discounted rate.
- Travel, hotel accommodations, and expenses are the responsibility of the workshop presenter and are not included in the workshop fee.
- Workshops take place on Sunday, November 12 between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. (up to 4 hours). They can be less than four hours but must fit within this time frame.
- Workshop content should be focused on helping participants learn a specific skill.
- Workshops are included in the main conference agenda and promoted along with the other conference sessions
- Workshops are open to everyone, whether or not they are attending the BECC Conference. There is no additional fee for attendees to participate, beyond their conference registration. Because workshops are an optional activity for conference attendees, BECC cannot make any guarantees related to attendance.
- Attendance is limited to approximately 75 guests per workshop.
- Workshop presenters are responsible for providing their own materials, handouts, etc. and shipping any such materials to the conference hotel.
- The deadline to submit a workshop proposal is July 31, 2023.
Please direct any inquiries to Nann Philips at email@example.com.