October 16 through October 18
Pre-conference Workshops – October 15
Hyatt Regency Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
Call for abstracts is open.
We are seeking new, innovative research and applied work from leaders in behavioral sciences on the adoption of energy efficiency in energy production and use.
The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making. This knowledge can accelerate the transition to an energy-efficient and low-carbon future. Currently in its 11th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future