BECC 2015│October 18 – 21
Hyatt Regency | Sacramento, California
Workshop Submissions Being Accepted–Due May 26th
BECC is interested in considering adding some pre or post workshop options to this year’s program. If you have an idea, please visit this link to submit your proposal: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CGWB69T
The Behavior, Energy and Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making so that this knowledge can accelerate the transition to an energy-efficient and low-carbon future. BECC is currently in its ninth year and is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
- Identify key lessons about behavior and decision making that advance energy/climate solutions
- Help integrate research insights throughout the value chains of energy-using goods and services
- Expand support for social science research as applied to the biggest contributors to today’s energy challenges
- Facilitate knowledge accumulation, exchange, and collaboration across analytical approaches from micro to macro (e.g., individual, group, organizational, societal behavior and decision making)
Key Themes – Behavioral research insights can help…
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, faster diffusion, and better management practices
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
Attendees – BECC draws a broad mix of…
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., federal, state, and local agencies, legislators, regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizations, media, nonprofits, religion, entertainment)
Why attend BECC?
Every year we assemble great speakers and provide cutting-edge information: The BECC 2015 program will include more than 40 plenary and topic sessions showcasing over 150 presenters selected through a competitive abstract process or invited by the organizing committee, ensuring state-of-the-art information available in no other forum. There will also be poster presentations, workshops, and our traditional fun film festival. Past attendees from many different fields have described BECC as the “most interesting and thought-provoking conference” they have ever attended.
BECC brings together a range of academics, practitioners, and policymakers from a variety of fields engaged in energy and climate efforts in order to provide the latest and most relevant behavioral research, best practices, and methodologies. We value abstracts from any relevant discipline concerned with human behavior, society, and culture; particularly work from social and behavioral psychology, behavioral economics, applied anthropology, organizational behavior, political science, communications, and the cognitive sciences. If you work in this area, or are considering research in this area this is a must-attend event.
The conference size is limited to 700 participants and regularly sells out!